• Knowledgeable in iPhone (Objective-C) programming
• Knowledgeable in HTML, ASP, and web-based designs
• Experienced in computer languages such as C++ and RealBasic, as well as OpenGL
• 14 years experience in creating games
• 10 years working in high-speed newsroom environments
• 29 years experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• 23 years 3D experience with various applications such as Autodesk Maya, Nevercenter Silo and Strata Studio Pro
• 23 years experience with video and DVD creation using Apple Final Cut Studio, Apple DVD Studio Pro, and Adobe After Effects
University of California, San Diego - Bachelor of Arts, Psychology/Cognitive Science, minors in Art and Computer Science
2002-Present - Freelance Artist
• Created information graphics and art for Slashdot.com (ongoing)
• Created information graphics for Dice.com (ongoing)
• Created OpenGL API interface for REALstudio (ongoing)
• Released bbPhone iPhone app written entirely by myself.
• Created art and icon assets for several iOS and Palm Pre applications for Luminary Apps.
• Delivered session talks on 3D for three years running at the REALworld conference, 2006 to 2008.
• Created art and sound assets and did programming for open-source games.
• Designed GUI art resources for third-party software applications.
• Created event and wedding DVDs.
• Worked with Gap, Inc. to create web and print art for products.
• Produced DVD teacher and training materials for non-profit organization.
1999-2002 - CNET Art Director for News.com division
Directed a staff of two artists for the maintenance of award-winning News.com site. Also responsible for updating web site's look and feel. Worked closely with editors and artists to create weekly special reports.
1995-1999 - Event Videographer and Art Director
Directed camera shoots for events. Mixing up to four manned video cameras live on-site. Created videos using non-linear editors on the computer, including animated logos, titles, and special effects when needed.
1997-1999 - CNET Designer
First designer hired to work on launching News.com site. Other works included creating web page designs for site as well as special art for other sites within CNET.
1996-1997 - Game Reviewer, The Oakland Tribune Newspaper
Wrote game reviews for PC, Nintendo, and Sega Saturn systems in a section running every Monday.
1992-1997 - Graphic Designer, The Oakland Tribune Newspaper
Created information graphics and illustrations for all sections of daily paper. Worked closely with editors on special report designs. Produced redesign of Park City, Utah sister paper. Directed photographers to create special art for technology and entertainment sections.
1991-1992 - Graphic Designer, Stockton Record Newspaper
Responsible for information graphics and general art for daily paper. Also produced A-1 camera-ready color separations.
1990-1991 - Art Director, UC San Diego Newspaper
Directed crew of six artists to create art for campus' official biweekly newspaper. Also worked closely with layout designer and staff photographers to produce special reports.
1986-1990 - Graphic Artist, UC San Diego Newspaper
Graphic artist for campus' official biweekly paper. Worked closely with art director.